Hello friends! Today I have such an exciting announcement and so let me just say that Light The Path is growing and is doing amazing things this year. I am planning another exciting year next year in our journey of healing our hearts and I hope you will join us. My exciting news today is that we are looking for a Design Team for our project! We are looking for some talented designers and artists who are willing to walk this healing journey with us and share a little about their experience throughout the year, both in the workshop and also on social media. This is such a big thing for us and we hope it will inspire others who are looking for a resource just like this.
What exactly is Light The Path?
Light The Path is a creative journaling project designed specifically for survivors. This is a year long workshop hosted here on our site and each month our Light Bearers receive a digital suite that includes a digital scrapbook kit (pocket style), instructional and inspirational videos, and a workbook. We also connect once a month via Zoom calls and connect with other Light Bearers through a Facebook group. 2021 will be our second year! You can find out more through this link here: Light The Path.
Here is what we are looking for:
- Scrapbookers and artists who love being creative, who can manipulate digital scrapbook products, and who share their work online. This is a 13 month commitment, as we will need work submitted early November 2020 and then January thru December in 2021.
- Every month our design team will receive access to the 2020 prompts along with the products for the 2021 month they are working in. They will be asked to go through the prompt videos and then complete 2-3 layouts using the digital kit provided. One must be an art journal layout. They will select one of their projects each month to share on social media and will create a blog post for our blog explaining their process. The 2-3 layouts they create will also be shared in the workshop as inspiration for our Light Bearers.
- You do not have to be a survivor to apply! We are looking for all sorts of designers from all walks of life to design for us and we believe this workshop can be beneficial for anyone. We do ask that you have a sensitivity to what being a survivor entails, and we do ask that you commit to providing compassionate support to our Light Bearers.
- We welcome applications from all corners of the world! This is an inclusive team and we want to see your beautiful work showcased as part of this powerful project.
- You should have a fair knowledge of how to photograph your projects and how to blog. You also should know how to print digital scrapbook products and your own photos.
What you can expect in return:
- You will be a part of an incredible project that serves survivors of abuse worldwide. Your work will be a source of support and inspiration to others who are actively recovering from emotional and physical wounds.
- You will work with digital scrapbook products designed by the best in our industry, for the best.
- You receive full access to the workshop, all the assets of the workshop, the digital scrapbook kits, and two upcoming Intensives.
- Full support as you navigate your own healing and 100% support from our Creative Director, Theresa Moxley.
- Support and encouragement of the Design Team and our Light Bearers.
- You will have at the end of the year, a documentation of your own journey this year with us.
Here’s how to apply:
Please submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- One paragraph introducing yourself. Tell us who you are, where you are located, and tell us a little about yourself.
- One paragraph describing your scrapbook/art story. How did you begin? What kind of layouts do you like to make the most?
- One paragraph explaining why you wish to be on this team and how you can contribute as a supporter and creative.
- List all your social media links.
- List your other design team commitments for 2021. Please only apply if it does not conflict with other teams.
- Share 3-4 layouts that show how your work will contribute to the team. We are particularly interested in seeing how you use digital products AND in how you tell stories of your life. If you have layouts that document hard stories such as grief and loss, medical trauma, personal trauma, depression and mental illness, please include those. Share with us the layouts that are your favorites.
Deadline to apply: October 15, 2020. You will only be notified if you made the team, notifications will be sent via email the following week. The design team will be announced October 23, 2020.
We look forward to hearing from you! Thank you for considering being a part of this dynamic healing resource. Chat soon!